10. Owen was home deathly ill for a week, causing gray hairs to sprout from my head at record pace.
10.5 Triumph over illness that requires well thought out post that may or may not happen.
9: That Holiday. You know the one. With the preparations; cooking, wrapping, lying to children, eating and drinking to excess. Yeah. That'll take a lot out of a girl.
8. Kindle. Yep. I gots one. Al did good. Even though, as I immersed myself in the highly entertaining Hunger Games trilogy, he second guessed his gift wondering why he got me something else with which to "Ignore him". Ahhhh. Guilt. Always a favorite.
7. School vacation week, which brought with it a nice chest cold for me. And also two children who had forgotten all about their Pillow pets, Zhu Zhu pets, RC Iron Man, Barbies, books, movies, games; and complained incessantly about level of boredom until brain matter leaked out of my ears.
6. Whilst wiping gray matter off of shoulders, Bea marches up to me in that sweet muppet voice with a dash of attitude, a heap of bitch and a sprinkle of you think I'm bad now? You're screwed when I'm thirteen;
"My OTHER MOTHER isn't mean. Aaaaaand, she lets me say bad words".
5. Owen's rendition of; "Asleep Ladidah". Cute at first. Annoying as a bum hole tickle after 374 times.
4. Christmas evening. Trapped on couch with sister in law and mother in law as they argued back and forth over who dealt nose hair singeing fart.
3. Day after Christmas. Blizzard. Loud noise, crazy blue flash and power out. Owen displayed his pussified nature, with dramatic shrieks and flailing. Thankfully, Santa put flashlights in kids' stockings. Also thankful laptop was fully charged allowing for DVD viewing for children and Kindle reading by flashlight for moi.
2. Several days, over a week maybe? Of barely glancing in computer's direction. Finding myself not missing it at all. Wondering if it is time to walk away. Disappear.
1. Not yet. But feeling like a change is needed to keep me engaged here. Any ideas?